- 4 skinless chicken breasts, cut into bitesize chunks
- 2 red peppers, cut into chunks
- 1 red onion, cut into chunks
- 4 flatbread or pittas
- chilli sauce and shredded lettuce to serve
For the marinade
- 1 tsp turmeric
Turmeric is a fragrant, bright golden-yellow root that is most commonly seen and used dried and…
- 1 tbsp mild or hot curry powder
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 150g natural yogurt, plus more to serve
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil, plus a little for brushing
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, plus wedges to serve
Mix the marinade ingredients with some seasoning. Add the chunks of chicken, mix well, cover and chill. Leave to marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
Soak 12 bamboo skewers in cold water – this will prevent them burning when cooking (or use metal skewers). Thread the marinated chicken onto the skewers (discard any remaining marinade), alternating with pieces of pepper and onion. Brush the skewers lightly with oil and season.
Heat the grill to high. Grill the kebabs for 15 minutes, turning every few minutes, until golden and lightly charred. The veg should be tender, and the chicken cooked through, so it easily slides off the skewers.
Warm the flatbreads in a griddle pan or dry frying pan on a medium heat until golden and toasted. Serve with the kebabs, lettuce, chilli sauce, extra yogurt and squeeze over some lemon just before eating.