Cherry ripple, chocolate & rose ice cream
- Preparation and cooking time
- Plus 4 hrs freezing
- Serves 8
- 425g can pitted cherries in syrup, drained (reserve the syrup)
- ½ tsp rose water
- 600ml double cream
- ½a 397g can condensed milk
- 100g bar of dark chocolate , chopped (you want a nice mixture of chunks and smaller bits)
- shortbread biscuits , cones and extra cherries, to serve (optional)
- STEP 1
Line a 900g loaf tin with parchment or cling film. Tip the cherries into a food processor with 2 tbsp syrup from the tin, add the rose water and blend to a purée.
- STEP 2
Whip the cream until it holds soft peaks, then stir in the condensed milk and half the cherry purée. Pour roughly a third of the mixture into the loaf tin, swirl through some of the purée and scatter with chocolate, then repeat the layers until you’ve used all the ingredients up. Freeze for at least 4 hrs. Turn out the ice cream, slice and serve with biscuits and extra cherries, or use a scoop for balls to fill ice cream cones.