Broad bean bruschetta
- Preparation and cooking time
- Ready in 40 mins
- Serves 4
- 300g podded broad bean
- 4 tbsp olive oil , plus extra for drizzling
- juice 1 lemon
- handful mint leaves
- 4 slices rustic white bread , such as sourdough
- 1 garlic clove , peeled but left whole
- 140g pecorino cheese, shaved with a peeler
- STEP 1
Cook the broad beans in boiling water for 2 mins. Drain, refresh under cold water, drain again, then peel from their skins.
- STEP 2
Use a masher to roughly crush the beans with the olive oil and lemon juice, then stir through the mint. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- STEP 3
Heat a griddle pan, toast the bread on both sides, then rub with the garlic clove. Spoon some of the beans over each slice of bread, scatter over the pecorino and drizzle with more olive oil to serve.