Boom Bang-a-Bang chicken cups
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 8
- 100g smooth peanut butter
- 140g full-fat coconut yogurt or natural yogurt mixed with 2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 2 tsp sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2-3 spring onions , finely shredded
- 3 cooked skinless chicken breasts , shredded
- 2 Baby Gem lettuces , big leaves separated
- ½ cucumber , halved lengthways, seeds scraped out with a teaspoon, cut into matchsticks
- toasted sesame seeds , for sprinkling
- STEP 1
In your smallest pan, gently warm the peanut butter, yogurt, 3 tbsp water, sweet chilli and soy sauce until melted together into a smooth sauce. Set aside and allow to cool.
- STEP 2
Mix the spring onions and chicken into the sauce and season. Chill until the party – keep the lettuce leaves and cucumber under damp kitchen paper.
- STEP 3
To assemble, add a bundle of cucumber to each lettuce leaf cup, plus a spoon of the chicken mixture. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and sit on a big platter for everyone to dig in. Or simply serve a pile of lettuce leaves alongside bowls of chicken and cucumber.