- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 125ml double cream
- 250ml whole milk or single cream
- 50g dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa solids), finely chopped
- demerara sugar, to taste
- 2 shots of freshly brewed espresso
- 10g hazelnuts, finely grated or chopped
- pinch of cocoa powder
- STEP 1
Whisk the double cream in a bowl until it holds its shape but is still pourable. Set aside.
- STEP 2
Pour the milk or single cream into a saucepan with the dark chocolate. Stir continuously over a low-medium heat using a whisk until the mixture comes to the boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer while continuing to whisk. Add the demerara sugar to taste.
- STEP 3
Warm two heatproof glasses by rinsing with hot water, then dry and pour in the espresso. Carefully pour over the chocolate mixture, then top with the whipped cream, hazelnuts and a pinch of cocoa powder.