Beef burger with sweet potato chilli chips
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 4 large, roundish sweet potatoes , cut into chunky chips
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chilli flakes , plus a pinch
- 400g pack extra-lean beef mince
- 1 onion , grated
- 1 tbsp grated parmesan
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 4 small wholemeal buns , halved
- 1 Little Gem lettuce , leaved separated
- 1 beef tomato , sliced
- 1 red onion , sliced (optional)
- 4 pickles or gherkins , halved
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Toss the chips with the oil, 1 tsp chilli flakes and some seasoning. Arrange in a single layer on a large baking tray and cook for about 30 mins, turning halfway through.
- STEP 2
Put the mince, remaining chilli flakes, onion, Parmesan, tomato ketchup and lots of black pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine. Shape into 4 burgers. Ten mins before the chips are ready, put the burgers on a baking tray and bake for 10 mins until cooked through.
- STEP 3
Top one half of the buns with the lettuce, tomato and onion. Add the burgers, then top with the roll tops. Serve with chips and pickles on the side.