Beautiful beetroot & feta patties
- Preparation and cooking time
- Cook: -
- Serves 4 - 6
- 200g cooked and peeled beetroot coarsely grated
- 200g pack feta cheese , crumbled
- 3 spring onions , finely sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped dill
- 2 tbsp chopped mint
- 2 large eggs , beaten
- 100g fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 200g pot 0% Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 4-6 flatbreads
- salad items such as young beetroot leaves, dill or mint, and sliced cucumber and shallot
- lemon wedges
- STEP 1
Pat the beetroot dry with kitchen paper. Tip into a bowl and stir with the feta, spring onions, herbs, eggs and breadcrumbs. Season and shape into 18 patties.
- STEP 2
Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan, add the patties in batches and cook for 4-5 mins each side until firm and golden. Meanwhile, mix the yogurt with the tahini and 2 tbsp water, and warm the flatbreads (I do this over a gas flame so that they char a little, but it can be done in a microwave or oven instead).
- STEP 3
Spread the warm flatbreads with some of the tahini yogurt, then add the salad items. Top with the hot patties, squeeze over some lemon juice, then roll up and eat with your fingers.