Pecan Nut Tarts
Member recipe by cheekiimonkeyx
ServingsServes 1 - 6 Tartlets
These gorgeous, melt in the mouth tartlets are an elegant dinner party dessert.
- 450g shortcrust pastry
- 175g / 1 cup pecan nuts (halfed)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 25g butter (melted)
- 275g golden syrup
- 1/2 tspn vanilla essence
- 115g caster sugar
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- Preheat the oven to 180°c/350°c/gasmark4.
- Roll out the pastry and use to line 6, 10cm/4in tartlet tins.
- Divide the pecan nut halfs between the pastry cases.
- Combine the eggs with the butter and add the golden syrup and vanilla essence
- Sift over the caster sugar and flour, and carefully blend.
- Fill the pastry cases with the mixture and leave until the the nuts rise to the surface.
- Bake for 35 -40 minutes until a skewer comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes before turning onto a wire rack.
- Enjoy :)