Creamy Florentine Chicken
Member recipe by lianasd
This is a very simple yet tasty dish that I have recreated after a restaurant meal.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 100g cubed pancetta (or chopped bacon)
- 1/2 a medium onion, chopped
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced
- black pepper
- 1/2 glass dry white wine
- 100g fresh spinach leaves
- 1 pot of creme fraiche
- 1 tbspoon of wholegrain mustard
- Heat the oil in a deep nonstick frying pan, add the cubed pancetta and fry until crisp but not burned. Add the onions and stir them around to get a good coating of the oil then add the strips of chicken and let it cook and color nicely. Season with black pepper to taste.
- Stir the chicken over in the pan, then pour in the wine and let it bubble over a high heat, scraping the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Lower the heat and let the wine reduce to half, before adding the spinach, the creme fraiche and the mustard. Stir well. Cover the pan and cook for a few minutes more until the chicken is cooked all the way through. Serve with pasta or rice.