Kiribath (Milk Rice)
Member recipe by mayaisagoodcook
- 250g/9oz Long Grain White Rice
- 420ml/14fl.oz. Water
- 180ml/6fl.oz. Thick Coconut Milk
- 1.5 teaspoons Salt
- Place the rice in a saucepan with the water, bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Drain any remaining water.
- Add the coconut milk and salt , mix well then cover the pan and continue to simmer gently until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is very soft and creamy.
- Allow to cool a little then transfer to a wide shallow serving dish and flatten down into a compact shallow oblong shape then cut into diamond or square shapes