Member recipe by m4tthew
this is a cake which i made from the creaters of doctor who brings the dalek cake
- Swiss Rolls
- 100g butter
- 200g icing sugar
- 2x tablespoons of cocoa
- Assorted sweets
- Chocolate matchsticks
- Cut a slice off each of your Swiss rolls. Then slice one of those in half diagonally. You might want to get an adult to help you with this. Stand one of these pieces against the first Swiss roll to give the Dalek's body the right shape. Place the cut side of the cake against the large Swiss roll and cut off the excess. For the head, take one of the slices of Swiss roll that you cut off earlier and unroll it a little.
- To cover the cake, you need to make some butter icing. Take 100g of butter or margarine and cream it until soft. Beat in 200g of icing sugar, a little at a time.
- If you want your Dalek to have a chocolate icing, just add two tablespoons of cocoa powder mixed with a little hot water. Use a little of the icing to stick the pieces of Swiss roll together.
- Then cover the whole of the rest of your cake with icing. Decorate the head of your Dalek with assorted liquorish sweets. Also wrap three liquorish laces round the head. For the balls on the side of the Dalek, stick some chocolate honeycomb balls, cut in half. You could use blueberries or glacier cherries if you prefer. For the Dalek's weapons use chocolate matchsticks. Stick a glacier cherry onto the end of one to make the plunger.
- Mmm! Enjoy eating your Dalek cake! Serving suggestion You could also try making smaller ones and create a Dalek cake army.