Member recipe by ashaalexuk
One of the easiest Indian chicken recipes. Simple, straightforward and mouth watering goes with a drink, with any kind of rice or Indian bread.
- 1 box of chicken legs and thighs
- 3 cloves. 3 cardamom, 2 cm long cinnamon coarsely crushed together
- 2 tsp fennel powder
- 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder (optional)
- 2 tbs corriander seeds coarsely crushed (could use 2tsp of corriander powder, but wont get as much aroma as crushed)
- 3 tsp dried red chillie coarsely crushed (could use 1 tsp of chillie powder)
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground or powdered pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- Remove the skin from the chicken if using thighs or leg which tastes better for this preparation. Trim the fat. Wash and drain.
- Heat a pan and add crushed cloves, cardamom and cinnamon and dry roast for a minute on medium heat. Add coarsely crushed corriander seeds and chillie and a pinch of turmeric powder stir well and roast for a minute. (if using powdered version make sure it doesnt burn) Add a tsp of fennel powder and roast for another minute.
- Add pepper powder and the drained chicken pieces and stir well so that it gets coated with the spices. Stir for 5 minutes and then close and cook till meat is well done on medium heat.
- Open pan and cook on low fire in the fat that is now found in the pan until the moisture evapourates stirring the pieces often.
- Serve hot with plain rice.