Member recipe by deliciousdish
- 225g self-raising flour
- 225g caster sugar
- 100g soft margarine
- 3 eggs
- 450g ripe bananas
- 1 tsp orange rind grated (optional)
- 175g raisins or sultanas (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350f,180c or gas 4. Butter or line with baking parchment an 18cm cake tin or 1kg loaf tin.
- Put flour, sugar, margarine and eggs into a mixing bowl.Beat with wooden spoon or whisk until well mixed. Do not over mix.
- Peel the bananas and mash. Stir into flour mixture with the orange rind and fruit if using.
- Put into prepared tin, and bake for 1 and 1/2 hours. If necessary cover with foil to prevent burning. Test with a skewer to see if the cake is done. Turn out onto wire rack to cool a little before cutting.
- Stores well for 2-3 days or longer, sealed, in the fridge.