Cornish cream tea trifle
Member recipe by kirstymj
ServingsServes 1 - 6 Puddings
- 3-4 home made or shop bought plain scones
- Raspbery liqueur (optional) add to taste
- 6-8 generous teaspoons of a good strawberry conserve
- 1 can of custard
- 227 g pot of clotted cream
- 1 punnet of strawberries sliced
- 1 punnet of rasperries
- The recipe should be adapted to the serving dishes you use. I used the recipe for a large summer BBQ served in clear plastic glasses.
- For each pudding use a individual serving glass or plastic cup for a great picnic or BBQ pudding. slice the scones into 1 cm slices and place a layer in the bottom of each glass/cup.
- Sprinkle with rasberry liqueur as required (optional) and then add a generous teaspoon of strawberry conserve.
- Place a layer of slices strawberries and raspberries in the glass/cup (Save some thinly slices strawberries for decoration)
- Next add a generous layer of custard and top with a big dollop of clotted cream and decorate with a slice or two of strawberry.