Chicken Padh Thai
Member recipe by suzejdl
- 2 x skinless chicken breasts
- 2 x limes, zested and juiced (retain half of a lime to use at the end)
- 5 tbsp sweet chilli sauce (2 tbsp for chicken, 3 tbsp for sauce)
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- 5 x spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 x red pepper, finely sliced
- 2 x packet rice noodles
- 3 x tbsp salted peanuts - crushed.
- a few sprigs of chopped fresh coriander
- Preheat oven to 200C/fan
- Make slits in the chicken and lay the chicken breast on a piece of tin foil (enough to make a parcel around the chicken breast). Slosh some of the sweet chilli sauce (about 1 teaspoon) over each chicken and push into the slits. Same again with the lime zest and a little bit of the lime juice. Wrap parcels up, place on oven tray or glass dish and put in preheated oven 20 mins or until cooked.
- Once cooled, cut the chicken finely and put to one side.
- Fry the spring onions and red peppers and then add the chicken. Fry lighly and prepare the sauce.
- Sauce - In a cup, mix the soy sauce and sweet chilli sauce and the rest of the lime juice - whisk together using a fork.
- Add the noodles according to the pack directions, and the pour sauce through the noodle and chicken mixture, allow to heat through then remove from heat
- Add the chopped coriander and crushed peanuts, mix through.
- To serve, squeeze a dash of lime juice over the dish.