Sweet Potato & Red Pepper Soup
Member recipe by nwillcoc
A great winter warmer. Makes a good starter, also good for a hearty packed lunch.
- Olive oil
- 500g sweet potato
- 1 red pepper, roughly chopped
- 2 red onions, roughly chopped
- 2 tsps cumin
- 500g vegetable stock
- Salt and and cracked black pepper, pinch
- Peel and slice the sweet potatoes into discs about a half centimetre thick.
- Put the sweet potoatoes, onions, red pepper and cumin into an oven proof bowl and pour over the olive oil.
- Roast in the oven at 200C for about 45 minutes until all the ingredients are soft.
- Put the cooked vegetables into a blender and add the hot vegetable stock. Blend to a liquid and serve. Add more vegetable stock if you require a thinner consistency.