Member recipe by blackethouse
Make this delicious Italian passata from your fully ripened garden tomatoes, fresh basil, garlic and red onion. Good for meat, fish and pasta recipes.
- 15 Fully ripened medium to large tomatoes, halved.
- 1 Large, finely chopped red onion.
- 2 tbls Olive oil.
- 4 Pealed and chopped cloves of garlic.
- 1 tbls Finely chopped basil.
- 1 Desert sp Sundried tomato paste.
- 1 Desert sp Tomato puree.
- 1 tsp Course ground black pepper.
- Salt to taste.
- Makes approximately 1 ltr.
- Place the tomatoes, garlic, basil and black pepper into a blender and liquidise.
- Using a large frying pan gently fry the red onion in the olive oil until just golden. Add to blender and liquidise.
- Pour the blender contents into your large pan and bring to the boil. Add the sun dried tomato paste and tomato puree and thoroughly mix. Now gently simmer, stirring frequently for 10 - 15 minutes and reduce until you have the perfect passata.