ChocMousse & SpicedRaspberries
Member recipe by crudge
- 225g fresh raspberries
- 4 tbsp Bottlegreen Spicy Berry Cordial
- 250g good quality white chocolate, e.g. Green & Blacks
- 3 tbsp milk
- 2 medium eggs, separated
- 150ml whipping cream
- To decorate: 50g white chocolate
- Reserve 12 raspberries for decoration then divide the rest between 6 glasses or dishes that are about 200ml capacity. Spoon 2 teaspoons of the Spicy Berry Cordial over each.
- Break the white chocolate into a bowl, add the milk, and then place over a pan of simmering water and leave to melt. Remove the bowl and stir until smooth and then beat the egg yolks into the mixture. Leave to cool for 5 minutes.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff. Whip the cream until softly peaking.
- Gently fold the cream into the chocolate mixture and then fold in two tablespoons of egg white. When completely mixed in, gently fold in the remaining egg whites.
- Spoon the mousse into the glasses and chill for 3-4 hours before serving. Using a vegetable peeler, make curls from the rest of the chocolate and carefully place a few on each mouse to decorate with the reserved raspberries. Ready to serve.