- 2 red peppers
- 3 medium aubergines, cut into chunks, or 15 small, halved
Although it's technically a fruit (a berry, to be exact), the aubergine is used as a…
- 6 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- tsp cinnamon
A fragrant spice which comes from the inner bark of a tropical tree. When dried, it curls into…
- 200g green bean, blanched (use frozen if you can)
- 1 small red onion, sliced into half moons
- 200g feta cheese, drained and crumbled
- seeds 1 pomegranate
Now mainly grown in America, Spain, the Middle East and India, pomegranates originated in the…
- handful parsley, roughly chopped
One of the most ubiquitous herbs in British cookery, parsley is also popular in European and…
For the dressing
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 5 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Heat the grill to its highest setting. Cut the peppers into quarters, then place them, skin-side up, on a baking sheet. Grill until blackened. Place in a plastic bag, seal, then leave for 5 mins. When cool enough to handle, scrape skins off, discard, then set the peppers aside.
Place the aubergines on a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and cinnamon, then season with salt and pepper. Roast until golden and softened – about 25 mins.
Meanwhile, combine all the dressing ingredients and mix well. To serve, place the aubergines, green beans, onion and peppers on a large serving plate. Scatter with the feta and pomegranate seeds. Pour the dressing over, then finish with the parsley.