Dales Best Burger
Member recipe by deanellerton
ServingsServes 1 - 14 Rolls
This could be the best beefburger ever made. Very easy. Very quick. Just delicious.
- 6 medium shallots, finely chopped
- 2 medium eggs
- 1200g lean minced steak
- 1 green chilli pepper (de-seaded), finely chopped
- 6 sweet & sour gherkins, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons of French mustard
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 Red Onion, thinly sliced
- Burger buns
- Burger relish of your choice
- Finely chop the shallots and gently fry in some butter for 2 or 3 minutes. Allow to cool.
- While the shallots are frying. Finely chop the green chilli pepper and the sweet & sour gherkins.
- Into a large bowl place the fried shallots, chopped green chilli pepper, chopped sweet & sour gherkins, minced steak, 2 eggs, french mustard, worcestershire sauce and the salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine all the ingredients thoroughly until about half the mixture has turned into a paste like texture.
- Shape the mixture into small 8cm diameter burgers by about 12mm thick (a burger maker is best), then chill for 30 minutes in the freezer. Cook on direct heat (infra red grills are best) for about 8 minutes, until cooked through to your liking. Or gently fry, grill or B.B.Q.
- Serve in burger buns with the sliced red onion, relishes of your choice and perhaps a side salad of tomato's with mixed lettuce leaves and a drizzle of balsamic dressing.