Easy Thai Prawn Curry
Member recipe by poshpause
Easy-peasy curry for folks new to cooking Thai style. Originally adapted from a recipe in Good Food Magazine. I served it with couscous as I didn't have enough rice in at the time - and it was fabulous. Not strictly speaking Thai - but who cares!
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp grated fresh root ginger
- 1-2 tsp Thai Red Curry paste (take care, some can be very hot!)
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 50g sachet coconut cream
- 400g raw frozen prawns
- coriander, chopped, to serve
- plain white rice or couscous, to serve
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan or wok. Tip in the onion and cook gently for 5 minutes or so until softened.
- Stir in the curry paste and ginger, and cook for 1 minute more.
- Pour over the chopped tomatoes and add the coconut cream. Add a little water if necessary, to loosen the mixture.
- Bring to the boil, then leave to simmer for 20 mins or so. Add a little more water if the mixture gets too thick.
- Tip in the prawns and cook for 5-10 minutes more, depending on how large they are. Serve with plain rice or couscous and sprinkle with a little chopped Coriander, to serve.