Baked Chocolate Cheesecake
Member recipe by san-mack
- 150g dark chocolate, 70% cocoa solids
- 275g caster sugar
- 225g digestive biscuits, crushed
- 160g Butter, melted
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 500g full-fat soft cheese
- 142ml carton of Soured cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/gas mark 3.
- Melt the chocolate and 125g of sugar in a bain-marie (a bowl suspended over a pan of simmering water). Set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile make the biscuit base by mixing together the crushed digestives, melted butter and sugar. Press into a 20cm spring-form tin.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, remaining caster sugar, soured cream, vanilla extract and eggs until well-mixed.
- Pour half the mixture into the bowl with the melted chocolate and mix in thoroughly.
- Spoon in alternate amounts of the plain vanilla mixture and the chocolate one onto the biscuit base. Bake for 50 minutes until firm, cool before serving.