Member recipe by themaster1305
A gingery flavord cake which is light and stikey if left to mature for a day
- 350g Golden syrup
- 125g margarine
- 250g plain flour
- 1 heaped teaspoon of bicarbonete soda
- 4 teaspoons of ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 egg
- 1/2 pint milk (275ml)
- Oven 170c. Grease and line tin.
- Sieve flour, bicarbonate of soda, ginger and mixed spice into bowl.
- In small bowl beat egg and milk together. put syrup and margarine in saucepan on low heat, melt margrine.
- Pour syrup mixture into flour. Add the milk and egg mixture bit by bit mixing thoroughley.
- Pour into the tin, put tin on baking tray, bake 30 mins. Untill centre is springy.