- 200g runner bean, trimmed and sliced
Runner beans have been growing in South America for over 2,000 years, and are a popular garden…
- 8 rashers smoked streaky bacon, chopped into small pieces
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 4 eggs
The ultimate convenience food, eggs are powerhouses of nutrition, packed with protein and a…
- 2 romaine lettuces, cut into large pieces
- 200g cherry tomato, halved
For the dressing
Whisk together the dressing ingredients, then set aside. Cook the runner beans in a pan of boiling water for 4 mins until tender. Drain and tip into iced water. Fry the bacon in a dry pan until crisp, add the beans to the bacon, then remove from the heat. Bring another pan of water to the boil, add the vinegar, then poach the eggs for about 3 mins. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon, then drain on kitchen paper.
Dress and toss the beans and bacon with the lettuce and tomatoes. Pile the salad onto 4 plates, top with poached eggs and serve.