Hot Sweet Potato and Leek Soup
Member recipe by femoore
This is really easy soup to prepare, that is lovely and warming on cold days with a spicy kick too.
- 2 each medium carrots, sweet potatoes and leeks roughly chopped
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, sliced
- 1/2 chilli, sliced
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1.6 litres vegetable stock
- 1 bay leaf
- Preheat the oven to 170C/fan 150C/gas 3.
- Put the carrots, sweet potatoes, leeks, onion, garlic, chilli, celery, stock and bay leaf into a large flameproof casserole dish and bring slowly to the boil.
- Cover and transfer to the oven for 1 1/2 - 2hrs, by which time the vegetables will be soft.
- Remove the bay leaf and season with salt and pepper. Liquidise the soup until smooth.