Member recipe by ksjane10
ServingsServes 1 - 20 Biscuits
Delicious starter accompanied with wine or champagne. Simple to make and ideal for when friends visit.
- 115g plain flour
- 55g grated strong cheese (cheddar is best)
- 55g unsalted butter
- 1 egg yolk
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- A pinch of paprika (for those that like a little spice)
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Blend the flour, cheese and butter in a food processor until it looks like fine crumbs.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, add paprika for an additional kick!
- Add the egg yolk to the food processor and mix until it forms a soft ball. You may need to add a little water to encourage the ball to form.
- Roll the mix on a lightly floured board to a thickness of 8mm and cut the biscuits.
- Place the biscuits on a non-stick tray and bake in the oven for 10 minutes, or until golden brown.