Sticky BBQ Sauce
Member recipe by suzylrobins
Sticky BBQ sauce ideal to use as a glaze for spare ribs, corn on the cob or vegetable skewers. Also good as a dipping sauce for potato wedges
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 red chill finely chopped
- 1 tsp crushed fennel seeds
- 55g dark brown sugar
- 300ml tomato ketchup
- 50ml dark soy sauce
- Salt & pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan, add the onion and garlic and fry until soft and fragrant.
- Add the finely chopped chilli, sugar and crushed fennel seeds. Cook until sugar melted making sure to stir often so it doesn't stick and burn.
- Add the soy sauce and tomato ketchup. Season with a little salt and pepper. Bring to the boil and simmer for around 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Serve as a dip with chunky wedges or use as a glaze on spare ribs/vegetables and cook in the oven or on a bbq.