Curried Vegetable Tartlets
Member recipe by hross2010
This curried vegetable mix is so simple to make and is only 6% fat, despite the creamy texture.
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 500g of cooked veg i.e. carrots, potatoes, green beans, peas (whatever you have)
- 130g chickpeas
- 400g can of light evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons of curry powder
- 1 and a half teapsoons of garam masala
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 heaped tablespoon of cornflower
- vol au vent cases
- 4 tablespoons of milk
- Chop the veg and cook or steam until they start to go soft. Afterwards, in a large saucepan, heat the oil and saute the onions and garlic until soft.
- Add the cooked veg, chickpeas and spices to the pan and stir fry for 2-3 minutes, taking care that the spices do not burn.
- Pour in the evaporated milk and a can of water, simmer until the vegetables are soft and the sauce is reduced. In the meantime cook the vol au vent cases in the oven, brush with egg and milk first to give a golden brown colour. If the sauce is still too liquidy, turn up the heat and add the cornflower. Leave to cool.
- Add the vegetable mix to the cases and serve.