Member recipe by cherylshap
ServingsServes 1 - 18 Cakes
An easy recipe! Lovely little cakes to show your man how much you love him!
- 100g Self Raising Flour
- 100g Caster Sugar
- 100g Margarine
- 2 eggs
- 100g currants (or sometimes i add a little orange rind or lemon whatever i fancy)
- For icing-
- 50g Butter
- 100g Icing Sugar
- few drops vanilla essence or a little more orange/lem rind
- Sprinkles to decorate
- Heat oven to 180ÃÂºC. Have bun cases in trays ready.
- Cream margarine and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, adding a little flour with each. Gently fold in remaining flour. Then mix in Currants (or zest etc).
- Spoon in cases (about half full) and bake for 15 minutes
- When cool mix the butter,icing sugar and flavouring, spread a little on each cake and finish with sprinkles. I found lovely little heart sprinkles online, a nice touch for valentines
- Serve with a good cup of tea and a kiss!