- 3 medium baking potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed
Sweet potatoes have a creamy texture and a sweet-spicy flavour that makes them ideal for savoury…
- 2 tbsp chilli oil or olive oil
Probably the most widely-used oil in cooking, olive oil is pressed from fresh olives. It's…
- 1 large orange
One of the best-known citrus fruits, oranges aren't necessarily orange - some varieties are…
- ¼ cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh mint
There are several types of mint, each with its own subtle difference in flavour and appearance.…
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp low-fat natural yogurt
- 4 white fish fillets, each weighing about 175g/6oz
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6/fan 180C. Cut each potato and sweet potato lengthways into 6 or 8 wedges – no need to peel. Tip into a roasting pan and drizzle with the oil. Season, toss well, then roast for 40-45 minutes until tender, turning them halfway through.
Peel the orange with a sharp, serrated knife to remove the pith – do this over a bowl to catch the juice, which you'll need later. Cut out the segments, removing any membrane, then chop them. Mix with the cucumber, onion, mint, vinegar and yogurt. Add a little salt and pepper, then set aside, covered.
Brush a baking sheet with oil and put the fish on top. Season, sprinkle with the orange juice and the cumin. Roast above the chips for 12-15 minutes until the chips are cooked. Serve with the orange raita.