Cherry tomato bowl canapes
Member recipe by yoga-and-spice
Cherry tomatoes stuffed with cream cheese and topped with green pesto.
- 20 cherry tomatoes, preferably round (not oblong plum tomatoes)
- 100g soft cream cheese such as philadelphia
- 5 tablespoons of green pesto
- 40 pine nuts (optional)
- Wash and halve the cherry tomatoes, scooping the central watery seeded part out.
- Whip or beat the cream cheese with a fork to soften.
- Using a teaspoon, spoon the cream cheese into the centre of the tomato halves.
- Top with a few drops of pesto in the centre, making sure that the white of the cream cheese is still visible.
- Top each one with a pine nut (optional), and serve lined on a dish.