Italian Sausage Bolognese
Member recipe by apinchofitaly
This is a succulent Pasta dish, ready withinh 45 minutes. Use Pappardelle or Fettuccine pasta. The best Italian sausages blend with Porcini Mushrooms and Provolone cheese to give an authentic pinch of Italy to your dinner ... it is better than Restaurants, guaranteed!
- 400gr of Italian sausage meat
- 400gr of Pappardelle pasta (dry)
- 200 g Auricchio Provolone Piccante
- celery, carrot and onion
- 20gr dried porcini mushrooms
- 100gr of fresh chestnut mushrooms
- a glass of stock
- 1/2 glass of dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree paste
- ExtraVirginOlive Oil
- salt and pepper
- Gently stew the finely chopped celery, carrot and onion in a saucepan with oil, add the Italia sausage meat (just take the skin off the sausages) and brown well.
- Pour in the dry white wine and once is complitely evaporated add the porcini mushrooms previously soaked in lukewarm water and chopped and the sliced chestnut mushrooms.
- Add 1 cup of the hot broth and the tomato paste and simmer gently for 15 minutes, seasoning with salt and pepper if needed
- Meanwhile, bring to a boil in a large pot of water to which you have added salt and cook the pasta al dente, drain and stir it with sauce, blending with ÃÂ¾ of your grated Auricchio Provolone cheese.
- Serve your Italian Sausage ragout Pappardelle with Porcini Mushrooms and Provolone hot, sprinkled with the remaining Provolone.