Spicy Squash and Tofu Salad
Member recipe by luciarotheray
- 1 (small) butternut squash
- 1 red onion
- 100g firm tofu
- 10 cherry (or baby plum) tomatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- dried chilli flakes (to taste)
- salad leaves (eg. rocket, spinach, lamb's lettuce, watercress)
- sunflower seeds
- Preheat oven to 200C/gas 6. Dice the squash and tofu (about 2cm cubes), halve the tomatoes, peel and roughly chop the onion.
- Place all of the above in a roasting tray and drizzle with the oil. Sprinkle tofu with chilli flakes. Roast for about 20 minutes (until squash is tender).
- Wash and mix leaves, place a generous portion on each plate.
- Place roasted vegetables and tofu on the leaves, sprinkle with seeds.
- Add salad dressing if desired (something simple like olive oil and balsamic is best).