LAMB & FETA MEATBALLS
Member recipe by katherine_cooks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 500g lean minced lamb
- 125g Yamas! Mild Feta, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons dried mixed herbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into thin strips
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 300g dried spaghetti
- 4 tablespoons freshly shredded basil
- Heat the oil in a large pan and add the onion and garlic. Cover and sweat the onions over a medium heat for 4 minutes, until softened. Transfer half the onions to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the minced lamb, 100 g of the feta and egg to the onions in the bowl. Season well, then mix together. Shape into 20 meatballs.
- Add the peppers and meatballs to the onions in the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes, until the meatballs are lightly browned all over. Stir in the chopped tomatoes and sugar. Season and bring to the boil. Partially cover with a lid and simmer gently for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile cook the spaghetti in a large pan of boiling salted water according to pack instructions. Drain well and return to the pan to keep warm.
- Stir the basil into the tomato sauce. Divide the spaghetti between 4 pasta bowls and top with the meatballs and sauce. Sprinkle each with the reserved crumbled feta.