- 100g smooth peanut butter
Peanut butter starts with dry roasting peanuts, which concentrates and heightens their flavour…
- 140g full-fat coconut yogurt or natural yogurt mixed with 2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 2 tsp sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tsp soy sauce
An Asian condiment and ingredient that comes in a variety of of varieties ranging from light to…
- 2-3 spring onions, finely shredded
Also known as scallions or green onions, spring onions are in fact very young onions, harvested…
- 3 cooked skinless chicken breasts, shredded
- 2 Baby Gem lettuces, big leaves separated
- ½ cucumber, halved lengthways, seeds scraped out with a teaspoon, cut into matchsticks
- toasted sesame seeds, for sprinkling
In your smallest pan, gently warm the peanut butter, yogurt, 3 tbsp water, sweet chilli and soy sauce until melted together into a smooth sauce. Set aside and allow to cool.
Mix the spring onions and chicken into the sauce and season. Chill until the party – keep the lettuce leaves and cucumber under damp kitchen paper.
To assemble, add a bundle of cucumber to each lettuce leaf cup, plus a spoon of the chicken mixture. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and sit on a big platter for everyone to dig in. Or simply serve a pile of lettuce leaves alongside bowls of chicken and cucumber.