Member recipe by lambiepie53
- 2 banana shallots peeled and diced
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 large carrots diced
- Small swede peeled and diced
- 1/2 head of celery chopped
- Red pepper cored and diced
- Courgette diced
- Aubergine diced
- Tin of chopped tomatoes
- Low salt vegetable stock cube
- Large handful of chopped coriander
- 2 tablespoons of tomato concentrate
- Tin of Cannellini Beans rinsed in cold water
- Heat some rapeseed oil in a large pan and add the chopped shallots toss in the oil for a couple of minutes then add the crushed garlic. Add the cubed carrot and swede and stir for a couple of minutes before adding the pepper and celery.
- Next add the courgette and aubergine and continue stirring mixing all the vegetables together.
- Add the tomatoes and then fill the empty tin with tap water and add to the soup along with the tomato paste and chopped coriander adding enough water to cover the vegetables.
- Finally add the stock cube and bring gently to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes. Taste and add seasoning.
- After 15 minutes add the rinsed white beans and allow to cook for another 10 minutes.
- You can add whatever you have in the fridge or store cupboard the more ingredients the better. Soups are a great way of using up leftovers. I like to add a small red chilli or a teaspoon of smoked paprika which you will find in most supermarkets. Sometimes I add small pasta shapes, be warned thought that they will not keep their shape if you are reheating this soup again later in the week.