Now, that's a carrot cake!!
Member recipe by makememycake
Carrot cake...uuummmmh, an unknown cake for some people and adored by others. ItÃÂ´s the kind of cake that when is in the oven releases such a great smell that gets into your senses and into your brain, and it causes a strange reaction so you only want to open the oven door and take out this carrot cake to bite it right then. Yes, like that, this cake is amazing, its so moist, soft, simply delicious.
- 21 oz sugar
- 12 oz cake flour
- 5 eggs
- 16 oz vegetable oil
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking power
- 1 pinch of salt
- 14 ox carrtos shredded
- 6 oz walnuts chopped
- Sift the flour, cinnamon, salt and baking power. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix eggs and sugar around 5 minutes in medium speed. Then add oil and mix again.
- When combined add the carrots and walnuts. When everything is mixed you can bake your cake.
- For cakes time depends on the size but from 35 to 50 minutes and for cupcakes 23 minutes. The cake is ready when a toothpick comes out clean. Let the cake cool for 15 minutes.
- For the carrots you have two options, make them out in fondant or modeling chocolate. I chose the last one because I love modeling chocolate
- Once we have the carrot shape made, you should make some little cuts along the carrot, some of them deeper other soft, nothing symmetrical just go free.