Broccoli Cheese Rice Casserole
Member recipe by boangeli
- * 4 tablespoons butter, plus more for greasing pan
- * 4 cloves garlic, minced
- * 1/4 cup flour
- * 2 cups milk
- * 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- * 1/2 teaspoon sea salt and a few cracks fresh black pepper
- * 2 + 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- * 1/3 cup fresh Parmesan cheese, shredded
- * 3 cups cooked rice ( I used brown)
- * 2 -3 cups cooked broccoli florets
- Grease a 9x13-inch casserole pan. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large saucepan melt the butter over low heat; add garlic and saute until fragrant.
- Whisk in flour and cook 3-4 minutes, whisking constantly. Slowly whisk in milk, mustard and season with salt and pepper, bring to a simmer 4 minutes, whisking occasionally.
- Add 2 cups of cheddar cheese and parmesan; stir until mostly melted; remove from heat.
- Stir in rice and broccoli florets, pour into casserole pan, sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheese over top. Bake 30 minutes until bubbly and lightly golden on top. Allow to set 5 minutes before serving.