Member recipe by xxlil_bitxx
- For the dough:
- 450g of shredded Phyllo Dough; thin sheets of unleavened flour dough.
- 225g of butter
- 2 teaspoons of oil
- 2 cups of any chopped mixed nuts
- For the syrup:
- 1 ½ cup of sugar
- 1 cup of water
- ½ of a lemon
- To make the syrup: Put 1 ½ cup of water in a deep pan
- Add ½ of a squeezed lemon, 1 ½ cup of sugar
- Put the liquid on the stove; on medium heat, Stir for 10 minutes, Let it simmer until thickened
- To Make the Dough: Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Put the Kunafa (phyllo) Dough in a mixing bowl, Melt the butter in the microwave, then pour it on the dough. Mix the butter and the dough well until it is all absorbed
- Take a baking pan and add a few oil drops on the bottom so the dough does not stick to the bottom of the pan
- Take half the dough that you mixed the butter with and place it in pan. Using both hands, pat down the dough well until you can't see the bottom of the pan. Place mixed nuts on top of the Kunafa dough; cheese can also be added.
- Cover the nuts with the other half of the dough. Pat down very well.
- Place into oven for 25 to 30 minutes until the Kunafa becomes a golden color
- Remove the Kunafa from the oven and pour the syrup on top of it evenly. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool