Healthy Pumpkin&Carrot Muffin
Member recipe by hannahelou
ServingsServes 1 - 12 Muffins
Healthy Pumpkin & Carrot Muffins - 12 servings / No added sugar & No oil - Using Honey for a bit of sweetness and milled flax seeds for healthy Omega3 rich oil. Bake for 25 min at 180 - 200C. Super easy, taste good and good for your heart.
- Solid/ Powder mixture
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup of all purpose flour
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 1/4 cup of milled flax seeds
- 1 cup of dried fruits (I used an exotic fruit mix)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda or bi-carbonate of soda
- 1 tsp spoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp of salt (or just a sprinkle)
- Liquid/ Juicy mixture
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 cup of low fat or skimmed milk
- Zest of one lemon
- Half a vanilla stick (use all the seeds you get)
- 4 tbsp honey
- 250 g of fresh pumpkin piece - Orange colour (boiled and drained from excess water. Once boiled and drained the final size should be about 1 1/2 the size of a tennis ball.
- 1medium-to-large carrot (shredded)
- Any kind of nuts (I used crushed walnuts and whole flax seeds)
- Add your solid mixture to your liquid mixture in 2 steps and stir to combine. Towards the end, fold in your dried fruits. The result mixture will not be too watery or too thick.
- Pour in your mixture in a greased 12 pieces muffin pan. Then decorate the top of your muffins with your choice of nuts.
- Put it in your pre-heated oven (180 - 200C) and bake for 25 min.
- The result will be a not-too-sweet balanced and healthy piece of muffin (180 calories) good for breakfasts and snacks.