Hazelt and Cinnamon Cookies
Member recipe by littlemisscooking1
ServingsServes 1 - 20 Cookies
- 400g of hazelnuts (Ground)
- 3 medium egg whites
- 1 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- A few drops of vanilla essence
- A good pinch of ground cloves
- 250g of icing sugar
- The zest of half a lemon
- Preheat the oven to 120C/250 Fan/ Gas mark 1/2. Line two large baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- If only whole hazelnuts are avadible, whizz to a fine powder in blender. Mix this with the cinnamon, cloves and lemon zest. In a SEPERATE bowl, whisk the egg whites and vanilla essence until stiff, then fold in the icing sugar.
- Put 4 heaped tbsp of the egg mixture to one side and add the rest to the hazelnut mixture. When it is well mixed, squidge together to form a coherent ball.
- Place the dough on a sheet of baking parchment and place another sheet on top. Roll the pastry out to approx. 5mm thick. Remove the top layer of parchment and cut out circles/stars. Place these on the baking trays.
- Stir the remaining egg white mixture and, using a pastry brush, brush it thickly and evenly over each cookie. Allow the glaze to settle for 5 mins and put the cookies into the oven for 15 mins.
- Finally, turn down the oven to 100C/225 Fan/Gas mark 1/4 and bake for another 20 mins. Leave the cookies cool in the oven.