Member recipe by kairey
delicious tender honey chicken with warm spices to send your spirits soaring! wonderful with a crisp green salad or mashed potatoes.
- 4 chicken drumsticks, skinned
- 1/2 tsp clove powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp ginger paste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 medium onion, quartered (optional)
- 2 whole green chillies, sliced halfways (optional)
- 1 tsp oil
- Marinate chicken in first 7 spices for 30 min or overnight in fridge. (Can also freeze for later use)
- Heat oil in non-stick skillet on medium-high heat and add chicken with the marinade. Let chicken brown on one side before turning, around 4 min. Allow the other side to brown till golden. Add a cup of water, cover and lower the heat and let cook on medium heat till chicken is done (around 20min). Turn once halfway through.
- When chicken is done, uncover and allow the rest of the water to evaporate. Add the honey and mix well.
- Add the onions and chillies if using and allow to sweat for 1-2 min. They should remain crisp.
- Enjoy with a french baguette, mashed potatoes, or a green salade.