Cheeky Butternut Squash Soup
Member recipe by gerrytyrrell
A velvety soup with a fruity fringe, ideal for cold winter lunches or British summertime, with apricots and ginger
- 1 butternut squash, diced
- 1 piece fresh root ginger, peeled and grated
- 50g dried apricots, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 500ml vegetable stock
- Knob of butter
- 4 tablespoons of double cream (optional)
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the onions and ginger and cook gently for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the butternut squash, stock and apricots, and season lightly.
- Bring slowly to the boil and simmer for 25-30 minutes until the squash is tender.
- Allow to cool a little, then blend until smooth. Stir in the cream if used.