Member recipe by elessario
- 500g baking potatoes, chopped
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 100g mushrooms, sliced
- 500g chicken (breast or thigh)
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp garlic puree
- 400ml vegetable stock
- 100 ml red wine
- 1 tbsp paprika
- Dice the potatoes into smallish chunks and slice the carrots fairly thinly. Chop the onion quite finely, slice the mushrooms into largish pieces.
- Divide the chicken into medium sized pieces (divide chicken thighs into 4) and remove any excess fat. Brown the chicken in a large sautee pan, then remove from the pan and set to one side.
- Fry the onions and mushrooms in the chicken fat left in the pan. Add the potatoes and mushrooms and stir through. Then add all the other ingredients, finishing with the chicken.
- Simmer for 40-50 minutes until the potatoes and carrots are cooked. Remove the sautee pan lid for the last 20 minutes to allow the sauce to reduce a little.
- Serve with green vegetables.