Ultimate cheese quiche
Member recipe by domstapleton
This dish is ridiculously easy to cook and is absolutely bursting with a rich, cheesy taste. It's also very, very filling!
- 500g ready-made shortcrust pastry
- 250g mature Cheddar cheese
- 145ml whole milk
- 3 eggs
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 220C/fan 200C/gas 7. Grease an oven-proof dish. Roll out the pastry on a floured surface, and line the dish with the pastry.
- Beat the eggs and milk together in a medium-sized bowl, and season to taste. Pour the mixture into the pastry.
- Grate the cheese and add it to the mixture, being sure to spread the cheese evenly.
- Cook on the middle shelf of the oven for 30 minutes or until the cheese on top is golden brown. Serve.