Chorizo & Cheese Fritata
Member recipe by jimiskewl
A great tasting easy dish that uses up some left over store cupboard items that can be eaten hot or cold.
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 4 large eggs
- 150 grated cheddar cheese (Gruyere works well or even Feta)
- 100ml single cream
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 125g of Chorizo (I use Tesco's finest) - skin removed and finely sliced
- 100g of sliced mushrooms
- Cracked black pepper
- Some leafy salad to serve (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 180 deg C. Heat the oil in a 25cm oven proof frying pan over a medium heat, add to the onion and cook until softened. Then add the mushroom and Chorizo for a further five minutes or so.
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs in a jug with the cream
- Even out the pan ingredients as if it were a pizza topping and season with cracked black pepper. Sprinkle over half of the cheese (or all of it if using feta) and slowly pour in the egg mixture. Then evenly sprinkle over the remainder of the cheese.
- Place the pan into the oven for around 20 minutes or unitil the egg is cooked through. Serve with the crisp leafy salad