Filled Sweet Potatoes
Member recipe by cannedfood
This recipe contains ideas on making your jacket potato more exciting, and works great for the kids too.
- 5 medium sweet potatoes
- 5 medium potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt.
- For the fiery bean filling:
- 6 cocktail sausages
- 1 tsp sweet chilli sauce
- 415g can baked beans
- 290g can chilli beans (either red kidney or baked)
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- For the meatball filling:
- 410g can meatballs in tomato sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp plum sauce
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- For the spaghetti filling:
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 2 x 400g cans spaghetti in tomato sauce
- 4 spring onions, shredded
- 1 small leek, sliced
- 1 tsp oil
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas Mark 6. Prick the potatoes and brush with oil. Sprinkle half with paprika and some with salt. Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 1 hour or until tender. Split the potatoes diagonally and fill with the filling of your choice
- Cook the cocktail sausages under a preheated grill for 7-9 minutes or until thoroughly cooked and golden brown. Brush with a little of the sweet chilli sauce and place under the grill just to get sticky
- Pour the beans into a pan and heat gently for 3-4 minutes or until simmering. Add the chilli and simmer for a minute until the chilli has softened.
- Cut the sausages in half and add to the beans. When ready to serve, spoon into the potatoes and top with a dollop of sour cream.
- For the meatball filling: Empty the meatballs into a pan and add the soy sauce and plum sauce. Cook for 7-9 minutes or until the meatballs are heated through.
- When ready to serve spoon into the potatoes and top with chopped coriander.
- For the spaghetti filling: Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the red pepper and leek and cook until soft but not coloured. Add the spaghetti and cook for 4-5 minutes or until heated through.
- When ready to serve, spoon into the jacket. Top with a pile of shredded spring onions.
- Nutritional information per serving
- Potato and fiery baked bean filling: Energy: 550 kcals / 2137 kJ protein: 18.8mg Fat: 13.1mg Carbs: 78.5mg Fibre: 13.9mg Sodium: 1.52g Salt: 3.8g.
- Potato and spaghetti filling: Energy: 431 kcals / 1833 kJ Protein: 11.1mg Fat: 5.1mg Carbs: 85.9mg Fibre: 8mg Sodium: 1.38g Salt: 3.5g
- Potato and Meatball filling: Energy: 377 kcals / 1594 kJ Protein: 15.9mg Fat: 8.7mg Carbs: 59mg Fibre: 5.7mg Sodium: 1.41g Salt: 3.5g