Member recipe by bottlegreen
Great value and super healthy, mackerel is delicious marinated and barbequed then served with sweet potato wedges and the aromatic, tasty sauce.
- 4 fresh mackerel, filleted
- 8 tbsps bottlegreen lime and coconut cordial
- 1 large red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 lime
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- Place the mackerel fillets in a bowl. Mix together the cordial and chilli add the zest and juice of the lime, brush a little over the mackerel and marinate for 20 mins. Place the remaining marinade in a small saucepan, bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer until reduced a little and syrupy.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into chunky wedges, par boil for 5 mins, drain and toss in some of the oil. Finish cooking on a barbeque or griddle pan, turning at regular intervals until cooked through.
- Brush the Mackerel with a little oil and cook for approx. 4 mins each side, serve on a bed of the sweet potatoes with the lime and coconut sauce drizzled over, with a rocket and coriander salad.