Member recipe by cookwithanna
- - 300g plain flour
- - 1 tsp dry yeast
- - 50g butter
- - 1 egg plus on egg yolk
- - 120 ml milk
- - 35g sugar
- - a pinch of salt
- - 2 tbsp oil
- - a handful of currants
- Put the flour into a large bowl then add the eggs, butter (heated to room temperature), sugar and the pinch of salt. Dissolve the yeast in warm milk and let it ferment for a couple of minutes then add it to the rest of the ingredients and mix well until you get a soft dough. After add one tbsp of oil and knead the mixture until it no longer stick to your hands, in a greased bowl leave it to rise in a warm place for an hour.
- When the dough has risen add the other tbsp of oil and knead again for 1-2 minutes, scatter the currants on the work surface and keep kneading until they are evenly spread throughout the dough.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal balls and put them into a greased muffin tray. Leave it to rise in the tray for 30 minutes in a warm place.
- When they risen above the tray, brush with the egg yolk and a tbsp of milk mixture then place in the preheated oven at 170C/325F/gas mark 3 for 15 minutes then turn it down to 150C/300F/gas mark 2 and leave it for another 10 minutes.
- When done take out of the tray on a tea towel and let them cool down, serve with butter, strawberry jam, simple or why not vanilla cream. ENJOY!!!