Mars Bar Chocolate Brownie
Member recipe by trinaz
ServingsServes 1 - 16 Pieces
A lovely Brownie with a orginal twist. Nice for a BBQ evening. Great for kids to help !
- 100g margarine
- 40g cocoa
- 2 eggs
- 200g caster sugar
- 2.5ml vanilla essence
- 50g self- raising flour
- 1-2 medium sized mars bar bags (85-100g)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees/ gas mark 4 and set shelf towards middle of the oven.
- Line an 20cm (8") square tin or 25cm x 6cm (10"x 6") rectangular tin with baking parchment or greaseproof paper.
- Chop up the Mars bars into cubes of approx. 0.5cm (1/4").
- Melt margarine slowly in small pan or microwave then remove from heat and stir in cocoa and beat until smooth. Leave on one side to cool. Weigh out the flour.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar in a medium mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add the cooled cocoa mixture and mix well. Stir in the vanilla essence.
- Sift the flour over the top of the chocolate mixture and fold in using a metal spoon and a figure of 8 movement. Fold in the chopped Mars
- Pour into prepared tin and level.
- Bake in the oven for 30 mins until the cake has a dull crust on the top and the sides are coming awy from the edge of the tin. Leave in the tin to cool as it is very soft. Cut into approx. 16 squares
- Freezes well. Nice warmed slighly and served with whipped cream and choclate sauce. YUM!